A medical face mask or a surgical face mask covers the mouth and nose of the wearer. It is commonly used to prevent respiratory-related infections and is intended to be worn by health professionals during healthcare procedures. There is a predominance of evidence that medical face masks protect both the wearer and persons near the wearer from the spreading of viruses.
About Face Masks
MedTecs - Safeguarding Every Tomorrow
3 Important points for mask selection
the 4Fs You need to consider
- Filtration: Ensure your face mask provides a sufficient filtration rate for your protection. If you work in an area with higher risk, make sure your face mask provides the right type of coverage.
- Fluid resistance: If you work in a medical area, your mask needs to provide a fluid-resistant function to prevent any chance of blood or other bodily fluid splatters.
- Fit: Even the correct mask you exposed at risk if it is not worn correctly. Your nose and mouth area must be covered. Any gaps can increase the risk of inhalation exposure.
3 Levels of ASTM Face Mask Protection
Mask level? Follow the ASTM Guide
ASTM International tests define more than 12,500 international standards across a wide variety of services and industries, including barrier protection standards for medical masks.
- Level 1: low barrier protection for general use for low-risk, nonsurgical procedures, and exams that do not involve aerosols, sprays, and fluids. ASTM level 1 mask is the general standard for both surgical and procedural use.
- Level 2: moderate barrier protection for low-to-moderate levels of aerosols, sprays, and fluids.
- Level 3: maximum barrier protection for any situation that has the potential for exposure to heavy levels of aerosols, sprays, and fluids. Reference
“When choosing the right mask, always look to the level of protection that is recommended by ASTM,”
Medtecs Face Mask
Medtecs disposable face mask is made of 3 layers of high-quality non-woven fabric.
- The inner PP meltblown layer is for filtration.
- The 2 PP spun bond layers are for water resistance and ventilation.
- ASTM Level 1 Protection – The face mask is anti-dust, anti-spittle and anti-smog, with a filtration efficiency over 95%.
- Elastic Ear Loops & Adjustable Nose Clip – The ear loops are super elastic and fatigue-resistant, perfect for pain-free, all-day wear. Even if you pull them up to 30 cm, they won’t be loose. In addition, the bendable nose wire can comfortably fit your nose and keep your glasses from fogging up.
- For Both Public & Healthcare Settings – There are 50 pieces in each box. One size fits all. It can be used not only for daily protection, but also for healthcare settings.
EN 14683 2019 specifies the construction, design, performance, and testing requirements for medical masks that are intended to prevent infective agents from being transmitted from patients to staff during medical settings.
What are ASTM standards for medical face masks? Difference between ASTM level 1, 2, and 3 face masks
ASTM F2100 – 21 states the material performance for medical face masks. If you are looking for face mask manufacture, you must know the standards.
FFP2 VS KN95 VS KF94 VS N95 – What are the differences between these facemasks? These are different standards used in the EU, China, and the USA.
What is the N95 facemask/respirator? What are the label requirements for it? U.S. National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).