A medical face mask or a surgical face mask covers the mouth and nose of the wearer. It is commonly used to prevent respiratory-related infections and is intended to be worn by health professionals during healthcare procedures. There is a predominance of evidence that medical face masks protect both the wearer and persons near the wearer from the spreading of viruses.
Medical face mask for adults
MedTecs - Safeguarding Every Tomorrow
3 Important points for mask selection
the 4Fs You need to consider
- Filtration: Ensure your face mask provides a sufficient filtration rate for your protection. If you work in an area with higher risk, make sure your face mask provides the right type of coverage.
- Fluid resistance: If you work in a medical area, your mask needs to provide a fluid-resistant function to prevent any chance of blood or other bodily fluid splatters.
- Fit: Even the correct mask you exposed at risk if it is not worn correctly. Your nose and mouth area must be covered. Any gaps can increase the risk of inhalation exposure.
3 Levels of ASTM Face Mask Protection
Mask level? Follow the ASTM Guide
ASTM International tests define more than 12,500 international standards across a wide variety of services and industries, including barrier protection standards for medical masks.
- Level 1: low barrier protection for general use for low-risk, nonsurgical procedures, and exams that do not involve aerosols, sprays, and fluids. ASTM level 1 mask is the general standard for both surgical and procedural use.
- Level 2: moderate barrier protection for low-to-moderate levels of aerosols, sprays, and fluids.
- Level 3: maximum barrier protection for any situation that has the potential for exposure to heavy levels of aerosols, sprays, and fluids. Reference
“When choosing the right mask, always look to the level of protection that is recommended by ASTM,”
Medtecs Face Mask
Medtecs disposable face mask is made of 3 layers of high-quality non-woven fabric.
- The inner PP meltblown layer is for filtration.
- The 2 PP spun bond layers are for water resistance and ventilation.
- ASTM Level 1 Protection – The face mask is anti-dust, anti-spittle and anti-smog, with a filtration efficiency over 95%.
- Elastic Ear Loops & Adjustable Nose Clip – The ear loops are super elastic and fatigue-resistant, perfect for pain-free, all-day wear. Even if you pull them up to 30 cm, they won’t be loose. In addition, the bendable nose wire can comfortably fit your nose and keep your glasses from fogging up.
- For Both Public & Healthcare Settings – There are 50 pieces in each box. One size fits all. It can be used not only for daily protection, but also for healthcare settings.
What types of masks should children wear?
Introduction Wearing masks is an effective way to protect your children from COVID-19 and stop the spread. Currently, there are a variety of masks available
Are Children at lower risk of getting COVID-19 than adults?
Most children infected with COVID-19 have mild or no symptoms and are less likely to be hospitalized than adults. Nevertheless, children are not immune to COVID-19. In fact, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, the number of COVID-19 cases in children has reportedly multiplied since the onset of the pandemic, accounting for nearly 27% of all cases reported for the week ending September 30.
Mask Mythbusters: What are some of the common myths about Kids & Face Masks?
Many parents are concerned about the new way of life for their children and are prone to believe advice and interpretations from social media such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. This article takes a spin at the most common myths believed by a parent or caregiver and debunks them with credible evidence.
Five easy ways to help toddlers and young children get used to wearing a mask
As it seems very likely that the mask mandate will continue in the near future, parents should get their children used to wearing a mask to avoid inconvenience and embarrassment, as well as to protect them from COVID-19. Here are some tips which you may find useful.
Benefits of children wearing masks in school during the COVID-19 pandemic
What are the benefits of children wearing face masks? Should children wear face masks? There is currently no COVID vaccine available for children under 12. Masks should still be used to protect children under 12. For parents, if your children have not been vaccinated, you should still choose to wear a mask. Children under 2 years of age should not be wearing face masks
What is EN14683? An European standard for face masks!
EN 14683 2019 specifies the construction, design, performance, and testing requirements for medical masks that are intended to prevent infective agents from being transmitted from patients to staff during medical settings.